Monday, January 1, 2001

Flippant Quote Archive

%
This is not rocket surgery. -- David Heinemeier Hansson
%
It is not necessary to change. Survival is not mandatory. -- W. Edwards Deming
%
Change is inevitable, except form a vending machine.
%
I love cats... They taste just like chicken.
%
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
%
Cover me I'm changing lanes.
%
As long as there are tests, there will be prayer in public schools.
%
Happiness is a belt fed weapon.
%
Laugh alone and the world thinks you're on idiot.
%
Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
%
I want to die in my sleep like my Grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
%
Montana---At least our cows are sane!
%
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
%
I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
%
Your kid may be an honor student but you're still an IDIOT!
%
It's as BAD as you think, and they ARE out to get you.
%
When you do a good deed, get a receipt, in case heaven is like the IRS.
%
Friends don't let friends drive naked.
%
Where there's a will, I want to be in it!
%
Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check?
%
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of Meat?
%
Warning: Dates on calendar are closer than they appear
%
We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.
%
Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
%
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
%
Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
%
Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
%
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.
%
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
%
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.
%
Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.
%
I souport publik edekasion.
%
We Are Microsoft. Resistance Is Futile. You Will be Assimilated.
%
Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.
%
3 Kinds of people: Those who can count and those who can't.
%
Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?
%
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
%
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'... until you can find a rock.
%
2+2=5 for extremely large values of 2.
%
I like you, but I wouldn't want to see you working with sub-atomic particles.
%
I killed a 6-pack just to watch it die.
%
Horn broken. Watch for finger.
%
We have enough youth, how about a fountain of Smart?
%
Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.
%
Rehab is for quitters.
%
I get enough exercise just pushing my luck.
%
Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.
%
If you don't like the news, go out and make some.
%
Sorry, I don't date outside my species.
%
No radio - Already stolen.
%
Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off NOW.
%
According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.
%
Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill.
%
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
%
All generalizations are false.
%
I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
%
Auntie Em, Hate you, hate Kansas, taking the dog. Dorothy.
%
The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.
%
Jack Kevorkian for White House Physician.
%
I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian.
%
Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs.
%
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
%
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
%
It is lonely at the top, but you eat better.
%
How can I miss you if you won't go away?
%
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.
%
I just got lost in thought. It was unfamiliar territory.
%
When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.
%
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
%
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
%
I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
%
He is not dead. He is electroencephalographically challenged.
%
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.
%
I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
%
Honk if you love peace and quiet.
%
Nothing is fool--proof to the sufficiently talented fool.
%
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
%
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
%
Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.
%
All men are idiots, and I married their King.
%
Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.
%
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
%
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.
%
Keep honking...I'm reloading.
%
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
%
99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
%
Remember half the people you know are below average.
%
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
%
The colder the x-ray table the more of your body is required on it.
%
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
%
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.
%
Never do card tricks for the group you play poker with.
%
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the ability to reach it.
%
To succeed in politics, it is often necessary to rise above your principles.
%
Always try to be modest and be proud of it!
%
Love may be blind but marriage is a real eye-opener.
%
"This car is constipated, it can't pass anything."
%
On an Electrician's truck: "Let us remove your shorts."
%
Outside a Radiator Repair Shop: "Best place in town to take a leak."
%
In a Non-smoking area: "If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action."
%
On Maternity Room door: "Push, Push, Push."
%
On a Front Door: "Everyone on the premises is a vegetarian except the dog."
%
At an Optometrist's Office: "If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place."
%
On a Scientist's door: "Gone Fission"
%
On a Taxidermist's window: "We really know our stuff."
%
In a Podiatrist's window: "Time wounds all heels."
%
At a Used Car Lot: "Second Hand cars in first crash condition."
%
On a fence: "Salesmen welcome. Dog food is expensive."
%
At a Car Dealership: "The best way to get back on your feet - miss a car payment."
%
Outside a Muffler Shop: "No appointment necessary. We'll hear you coming."
%
Outside a Hotel: "Help! We need inn-experienced people."
%
At an Auto Body Shop: "May we have the next dents?"
%
In a Dry Cleaner's Emporium: "Drop your pants here."
%
On a desk in a Reception Room: "We shoot every 3rd salesman, and the 2nd one just left."
%
In a Veterinarian's waiting room: "Be back in 5 minutes. Sit! Stay!"
%
On a Music Teacher's door: "Out Chopin."
%
At the Electric Company: "We would be delighted if you send in your bill. However, if you don't, you will be."
%
In a Beauty Shop: "Dye now!"
%
On the side of a Garbage Truck: "We've got what it takes to take what you've got." (Burglars please copy.)
%
On the door of a Computer Store: "Out for a quick byte."
%
In a Restaurant window: "Don't stand there and be hungry, come in and get fed up."
%
Inside a Bowling Alley: "Please be quiet. We need to hear a pin drop."
%
In a Cafeteria: "Shoes are required to eat in the cafeteria. Socks can eat any place they want."
%
On the door of a Music Library: "Bach in a minuet."
%
In the front yard of a Funeral Home: "Drive carefully, we'll wait."
%
In a Counselor's office: "Growing old is mandatory. Growing wise is optional."
%
I started out with nothing...I still have most of it.
%
When did my wild oats turn to prunes and all bran?
%
I finally got my head together, now my body is falling apart.
%
Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.
%
If all is not lost, where is it?
%
It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
%
If at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished.
%
The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.
%
I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.
%
It was all so different before everything changed.
%
Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant.
%
Nostalgia isn't what is used to be.
%
I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few.
%
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end.
%
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip round the sun.
%
The only time the world beats a path to your door is if you're in the bathroom.
%
If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
%
When you're finally holding all the cards, why does everyone else decide to play chess?
%
There are two kinds of pedestrians...the quick and the dead.
%
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
%
Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
%
It's not hard to meet expenses...they're everywhere.
%
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.