- 3 small bananas (or 2 large) Make sure they're really ripe, with some brown speckles on them (or at LEAST no sign of green anywhere). Ripe bananas make all the difference!
- 2 ripe pears (Bosc are my favorite, they're still in season kinda/sorta, and they thicken this like pudding).
- 3 Cuties (those easy-peel manadarin/clementine oranges). You could probably substitute one regualr orange if you don't have these.
- 1 one-hand handful of almonds
- 2 Tablespoon scoops of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 40 drops Stevita liquid stevia (or about 30-35 drops KAL or Sweet Leaf liquid)
- ~1 C. rice milk (optional)
- 6-8 ice cubes (made with filtered water)
I put all of the above (minus peels! lol) in the Vita-Mix, and then add water until the water line is about 3/4 of the way to the top. Walk it up to high and blend until creamy and smooth (less than a minute, but it seems like a long time when it's going that fast!).
My older daughter, the pickiest smoothie drinker ever, says this is better than her favorite pink smoothies, which is seriously high praise!
These could also be made in a regular blender--it would just take a little more careful blending order and longer blending time.
Have a great Friday!!!