Sunday, April 12, 2009

An Easter Gift


One week ago today, my church held its annual General Conference.* Many, many bloggers who are also members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints** have mentioned this, as well as how spiritually refreshing it is to attend Conference, how it feeds their souls. I'm in agreement wholly in those sentiments, but I am going to go one step further, and invite you to taste some of it for yourself. This link takes you to the page containing text, audio & video links to every talk given.

*General Conference is held twice yearly, on the first Saturday & Sunday in both April & October. The April conference is called the Annual General Conference, and the one in October is called the Semi-Annual General Conference. Total trivia, but I thought someone might like to know. ;o)

**That's the church's main site, structured for members, and accessible to all. This site is geared more towards those who aren't as familiar with the structure, jargon, and other aspects of the LDS faith and church.

If that's information overload, here's my recommendation to get you started: one of my most favorite talks, an Easter message, given by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, one of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, titled None Were With Him.



I hope and pray that you all have had a blessed Easter . . . that it was a time for you to reflect upon the blessings in your life, and to remember what truly great and marvelous things God has done for us. I know it was thus for me and my family.

God bless you and yours, both this day, and in the days to come.