Saturday, April 11, 2009

State of my State

Computer is up and running (typing on the fantastically crisp and minimalistic keyboard right now). Some of my mac expertise is coming back from long-lost high school journalism days . . . but I'm still fumbling with the whole control/option/command rearrangement.

I'm feeling 65.

Cat fence project nears completion . . . not bad for only 1-2 hours to spend on it daily. (Details to follow on why we need such a fence.)

Laundry, dishes, general cleaning, and all other aspects of running the house have fallen completely by the wayside as I've tried to finish the cat fence.

I miss my Insert key something fierce. At least I can use my familiar mouse . . . even if it doesn't please one's aesthetics like the Mighty Mouse.

The daffodils bloom brightly, accompanied by little purple pansies I planted nearly a fortnight ago.

And I honestly believe that it's a cruel world that foists such insane complexity upon a woman without simultaneously providing a way for her to hire a good cook & housekeeper.

How has your week gone? :o)