Monday, April 14, 2008

Instant Gratification

So, I've been kinda down and out with this late-pregnancy cold. Ugh. I've thought a lot about blogging, but Blogger hasn't implemented the direct synapse-to-publish feature yet.

In the meantime, I've been doing a little knitting to ease my impatience (on both the getting better and the getting thinner).

Instant gratification project the first:

Meghan's Braids, from One-Skein Wonders.



Specs: Needful Yarns' Joy, on US6/4mm bamboo or birch needles (bamboo circ & birch dpn). It fits my 6yo dd perfectly, and she can't get enough of wearing the thing. The braids were a little fiddly to add, but they were definitely worth the effort.

Mods: I stopped the seed stitch after about an inch so I wouldn't obscure the striping much, and so I could knit it faster. ;o)

Instant gratification project the second:

Newborn Pigtail Hat, inspired by the Pigtail Hat from One-Skein Wonders.



Specs: Needful Yarns' Joy, US6/4mm circ & dpn's. I cast on about what I thought would be good for a newborn hat, and knit it kinda like I did the larger one, but left off the ear flaps and braids, and added pigtails on top. It was fun, and used up nearly all of the left-over from the braided version.

Instant gratification project the last:



Specs: A felted bag. No pattern, just some random yarn that I'm not sure will work yet. I'm trying to decide if I should throw caution to the wind and knit in the Noro I bought for this, or just stick with stuff I've got in the stash that wasn't that expensive. Here's the color scheme (it's much nicer in real life, honest):




I have two skeins of Noro Kureyon, and I really love the colors. I just need to do a little research and find out if thick n thin handspun knit in garter will felt well with worsted-weight single ply knit in stockinette, and make a bag worth using. Any ideas or resources out there I should be aware of?

In other knitting news, I'm still plugging away on a Sprout cardi for myself (the longer version), and a couple other languishing WIP's. But, as it's overcast, and I'm tired, I'll save those for another day. (So sorry, all. I hope the photos above are enough to tide you over for a while.)

And now, off to do the music post for today . . .