Saturday, August 9, 2008

Counting Blessings

"When upon life's billows you are tempest tossed,
when you are discouraged thinking all is lost,
count your many blessings,
name them one by one,
and it will surprise you what the Lord has done."

--From one of my favorite hymns. (The player at that link is okay if you have a good connection. Not exactly artistry, but it gives you the basic idea.)

So, after all of that whining, I started looking around, and noticed a few things:

1) There are a fair number of folks in blog land who care about me. (Thanks again so much, everyone. It really does lift my spirits to see such warm support, even when I'm just having a pity party. ;o)

2) I got to be alive to see yesterday: 08/08/08. (Am I the only one who gets a kick out of dates like that?)

3) I have a beautiful living room: (See? I told you I'd post a photo! It's still a work in progress, so bear with me.)



4) I live in a home that really meets my family's needs, is clean and lovely, and is in a nice neighborhood.

5) I get to knit.

6) I get to see this many times every day:



7) I have many, many family members that love me; from 2.5yo Katie to my 88yo grandmother. (In-laws included . . . how awesome is that?)

8) There are beautiful flowers in my yard (no photo today . . . but soon!)

And the list can go on and on. Music, literature, art, the sky yesterday, the jokes MrC makes up (and at 8 years, he can come up with some pretty ridiculous ones), Lil'MissL's hilarious "aren't I cute smile", ad infinitum. There are as many blessings around as I'm willing to see.

Today I'm no longer sick, my ankle is just about healed, and we got to go pick blueberries again tonight in the cool evening. Life is good.

Knit on. :o)