Monday, August 11, 2008

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest.

I thought I understood what the flora and fauna here would be like.

There would be roses (of course):





Funny names:


(I love that. Boring Bark! lol)



No more of this:



And plenty of trees . . .

And then Vern and I were talking one night. We got up to call it a night, and Vern cried out: "What on earth is THAT???"



Upon closer inspection, this is what we saw . . . Impressive, no? (Of course Vern knew what it was after a few seconds. He was just really surprised to see something so big and icky on the carpet.)



At about five inches long, s/he was a respectable specimen. (They're androgynous, you know.) S/he looked around a bit . . .



and I felt almost as if s/he was inspecting me.



We gave it a one-way trip outside, and figured s/he must have hitched a ride in on something we had carried in from the porch a while earlier.

Sweet dreams . . . (don't worry, they can't climb up bed posts . . . I think ;o)