Friday, June 29, 2007

WikiMeme

Okay, I finally have to give in a do a meme. ;o) Camilla tagged me, so here are three events, two births and one holiday from WikiPedia that all fall on June 14th. (Yep, I just turned 31. It's odd . . . that number keeps increasing, but the older I get, the less I feel like I really know about life. Sure, I can knit and cook and do all kinds of things, but really, life in general? Just as big a dork as ever. Anybody else feel that way?)

Three Events:

1645 - English Civil War: Battle of Naseby – 12,000 Royalist forces are beaten by 15,000 Parliamentarian soldiers.

1919 - John Alcock and Arthur Whitten Brown depart St. John's, Newfoundland on the first nonstop transatlantic flight.

1967 - Mariner program: Mariner 5 is launched toward Venus.

Two Births:

1444 (O.S.) - Nilakantha Somayaji, Indian mathematician (d. 1544)

1479 (O.S.) - Giglio Gregorio Giraldi, Italian poet (d. 1552)

One Holiday:

International Weblogger's Day – Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world


Okay, since I have a woefully small blog readership, I'll tag a few I've at least emailed. ;o)

I know that's a short list, but this is seriously outside of my comfort zone. ;o) Off to leave "tag" comments.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

camillaknits said...

I'm so glad you didn't ream me a new one, and thanks for the info on fixing the hyperlink to you. I'd tries putting you in the link list before, but it wouldn't 'go' anywhere. Yay, Webbloggers day... how cool are you? Thanks for playing along. I thought it was a nice meme because it wasn't too 'personal'. Busy day ahead here tomorrow... Beadboard is coming. I count 15 days till I want the store running. Probably too optimistic. Type at you soon! Cami

Lea said...

No, I didn't ignore you! I was just a bit oblivious! So, when I was trying to catch up on my blogs tonight, I saw yours, and realized what you meant by your post!

I've updated now with my entries, but I still need to go tag. I'll try and do that tomorrow am.