Thursday, February 21, 2008

Longies: Some progress!

So, today I'm up for a nice, light, knitting post. ;o) I've been working on some more custom longies for another mama, and here's where they stand (er, lay):



These are the prototype for my top-down longies pattern, which should be done by the end of next week. (It's a conservative estimate, since we'll be gone all weekend, and I'll be completely offline for that time.)

Here's a close-up of the crotch gusset, take #2:



This one has worked out much better than the previous attempts. It's just like the toe of a sock, and since I'm a doofus when it comes to grafting, I had to graft it from the inside (since I couldn't figure out how to graft in knit--just in purl!). But I think it looks pretty darn good, don't you? And the leg on the left side of the photo comes out from the gusset in a neat fashion, without any ridges or holes.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and I'll see you next week!

3 comments:

camillaknits said...

Such gorgeous yarn. Can you write a pattern for longies in, say, a big girl's 24??? 'Cuz I am sooo into those bits of cuteness. I'm fascinated by the gusset... my brain doesn't even know what it's looking at (how sad, 'tis true), so I eagerly await the pattern launch! Cami

Annalea said...

The way the pattern is working out, Cami, you'll be able to do the math for whatever size you need. ;o)

The yarn is PureWool from 100PureWool.com, in the Nuts colorway. And it is perfectly gorgeous to work with. Love it love it love it!

ilsita said...

ooohhhhh they're beautiful!!!!! your gusset is amazing! i cannot still graft without holes, but hey nothing stops me from trying, lol. so i'll be excited to see your pattern!

come visit me some time... :)

i.