Monday, January 18, 2010

If you'd like to help, but don't know quite how . . .

If you'd like to help with the disaster efforts in Haiti, I would encourage you do to so.  Here are two ways you can:

1) Donate to the LDS Humanitarian Aid Fund.  100% of donations go to disaster relief, and we have one of the world's best track records in actually getting the supplies to those who need them.

2) Donate to Doctors Without Borders via the Yarn Harlot's Knitters Without Borders campaign.  I highly respect DWB and what they do, and if you're not comfortable donating to an organization with a religious affiliation, this is the one I recommend.

While I don't have TV/Cable, I understand that damage in Port au Prince is devastating.  Please, take a minute to think about something you could easily go without buying this next week or month, and then go make a donation.  The babies being born in Port au Prince, those who are just being found after days of entrapment in rubble, and countless others will be blessed by your small sacrifice.

I live such a blessed, easy, prosperous life.