Friday, August 3, 2007

Recipe: Rockin' Fast Pesto Pizza

Rockin' Fast Pizza

1 ~12" Kamut Pizza crust (I buy them all cooked and beautiful from my local health food store.)
1 can Natural Value green olives (just as good as the more expensive varieites)
1/2 lb. cooked ground turkey with onions
1/3 c. pesto
2+ c. grated cheddar & mozzarella cheese

Spread the pesto on the pizza crust, then add the turkey & onions, followed by the olives (I crush them in my fingers as I take them out of the can. Must faster than cutting or slicing with the egg slicer). Sprinkle the cheese liberally on top, and put it under the broiler on low for about 3-5 minutes. Watch it closely . . . we almost had a burnt offering instead of pizza, had I been even 30 seconds slower today. ;o)

Bonus: Word of the Day

Pestocide: n. 1) Death by pesto.

Have a great weekend!