Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Goin' to Ikea . . . gonna buy me a lot o' seatin'.

Yessiree, I, Annalea the furniture-less, am going to make the journey down to Ikea and pick out my living room. As Vern said yesterday, "Spending the day at Ikea with all the kids sounds like a perfect hell to me." So, he's keeping them home (and will be working on Saturday to make up the time), while BabyB and I go down and shop 'til I drop. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for this. (Well, I could, but it wouldn't have quite the same ring to it. ;o)

I'm thinking this one:

And this one (even though the photo looks flabby):

And this one:

And one of these:

(I really hope I can get an ottoman cover to match, instead of that bland beige)

And maybe one of these:

Or one of these:

And a few of these:


One of those last two options is going to be my very own early-morning reading and knitting station downstairs. I have wanted a corner to myself, with a chair and table for such a long, long time. :o)

I just looooooove Ikea. And shopping. Have I mentioned lately that I love shopping? (For anything but clothing, that is. If you know of a good source for women's plus size workout clothing, I'd love to know!)

And now, I'm off to nap some, before BabyB and the munchkins wake up . . . if I can, that is . . .

1 comment:

camillaknits said...

Oh, I hope the IKEA shopping trip goes well... I'd have to agree with your man on that count. Then again, he gets to keep everyone else fed/clothed/entertained for the day, while you and the nursling go shop. He might have gotten the short straw, after all!

For active wear, "Junonia" always has very nice things. You'll have to be seated to look at the catalog, or risk a nasty blow to the head when you pass out (I get sticker-shock easily), but the things I bought held up so long, I got sick of them and made them 'painting clothes'.