Saturday, April 7, 2007

Startitis

It seems that I have a touch of startitis. That last post should have been some indication, but it took me a while to identify it. I've only started two new projects since the cardi collapse, but it sure has been fun ogling plenty of others.

Here's where startitis has gotten me:

Socks for the Anderman:



And a lace project (Susan's FCSS):



So far, so good. I've been resisting the urge to start a huge pile of things (although I did do a swatch with some Knit Picks Shadow in Vineyard for the Spring Things Shawl (okay, okay, I bought the pattern because my LYS had the Shadow for 50% off! I'm guilty; but can you blame me?). Let me tell you, stockinette swatches with lace yarn are the least satisfying of any swatches I've ever done. Sure, they're good for letting you know whether your finished lace project will be anything like the original . . . but they sure do look funny.

In other news, I did finish the baby's socks earlier this week. She absolutely adores them, which warms my little mothering heart. There was even a touch of serendipity to the random way I ended the ribbing halfway down the instep: the end of the ribbing matches up with the beginning of the toe of her Mary Janes:



I've decided that I need to knit a lot more socks for her--and that she needs more Mary Janes. Handknit socks and MJ's are a match made in heaven. :o)