Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Could Someone Bring Me a Shovel?

'Cause 30" ain't where it's stoppin'. Do you see what I see?



The schools are closed because they can't plow the back roads with the usual plows. They've got to wait until the huge highway plows are free. (Which may not be for quite some time.) Boy Scouts is canceled today. Some friends have significantly more snow than we do, and they live only a few hundred feet higher, or a little closer to the big lake.

I heard, also, that the 10-year-old "new" gymnasium's roof collapsed over the weekend. (I haven't been able to find a news story on it online, but my source is reputable.) Um, can you say "engineering miscalculation"? I'm just glad it was over the weekend, when nobody was in the gym. (I'll repeat myself: there are a multitude of reasons why I don't choose to send my children to school.)

Needless to say, we're not going anywhere this weekend . . .

Anybody have a big, hefty plow truck they'd like to lend me?