Sunday, January 27, 2008

Itty Bitty, Tiny Little Things.

It's funny how very small things can make such an impact on one's day.

For example, this is what I saw this morning out my window . . .



And the front window . . .



(The plow threw up some of that, but not a whole lot.)

This was the coolest part, though. Can you see that little black speck just under the right side of the monkey rings?



It's the top of the hose bib on the white pipe below.



It has snowed steadily all day (as it did last night), and now you can't see the hoses bib at all. The higher swing is just about completely buried, as well. I'm not gaugeing the snowfall by how many rungs are visible behind the slide.

The snowfall has been so fine and small that I didn't expect this kind of accumulation. It's amazing . . . and fun. Such little, tiny things.

And, in other little, tiny news, two FO's.



On the left is a Sheepy Time Knits Sheepy Sack, and on the right is a Warm Heart Woolies trim soaker, newborn size.

These were both really quick knits, and it gives me an unaccountable amount of pleasure just looking at them. They're so tiny and soft, I just can't help it. Maybe it was Shan's recent post that put a bee in my bonnet about knitting for the baby; I don't know. Soakers are a far cry from Bohemian baby knits. Either way, I'm not done yet. I'm eyeing all of the wool I've got that's soft enough, wondering how many soakers and longies I can knit.

And now, I'm going to head for bed. I'm beat!

FO Details:

Sheepy Sack

Pure Wool 3-ply worsted in a discontinued pink. (I bought it from another mom online.)
Knit Picks US6/4mm Classic Circular

I knit all but about 2" of the 79g I had, and it's about 1" shorter than the pattern dictated. It's still going to work beautifully, though. The Uruguayan wool is an absolute dream--soft as cotton, and perfect for brand new skin (or 30-something skin ;o).

WHW Soaker

Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Denim (discontinued).
Knit Picks US6/4mm Classic Circular

This only took about four hours or so to knit. (It probably would have taken less if I could have worked on it straight through.) I like the WotA, but I'd rather have something a little heavier for soakers. This will work for little babies, or light daytime duty.